I asked Jill who has been working on the connection between Morgellons and MTBE and related compounds to prepare a blog post for me, here is her post, I hope you find it valuable. MTBE is is gasoline additive.
Mr. Common Sense,
Good work on the research! Toluene- most likely one of the culprits. Found, as you point out, in various products, same as Benzene and many others. Many VOC’s (volatile organic compounds) are turning out to be a part of the process that is causing/creating emerging disease.
I invite all of you to visit/post my new board. Together- maybe we can get a treatment that works and hopefully a cure soon.
Per your request, I’m posting my info here- 1st time Blogger.
Take the chemicals- the MTBE/TBA (TBA is the daughter product of the MTBE- IOW MTBE DEGRADES
to TBA) both are carcinogens and they are the MOST COMMON POLLUTANT IN THE UNITED STATES WATER SUPPLY:
Know- when you are researching MTBE- that BTEX is commonly found along with the MTBE.
Because both are VOCS- (Volatile Organic Compounds) found in gasoline and Petrol products:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
BTEX is an acronym that stands for benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, and xylenes. These compounds are some of the volatile organic compounds (VOCs) found in petroleum derivatives such as petrol (gasoline). Toluene, ethylbenzene, and xylenes have harmful effects on the central nervous system.
BTEX compounds are notorious due to the contamination of soil and groundwater with these compounds. This typically occurs near petroleum and natural gas production sites, and petrol stations and other areas with Underground Storage Tanks (USTs) or Above-ground Storage Tanks (ASTs) containing gasoline or other petroleum-related products.
The amount of ‘Total BTEX’, the sum of the concentrations of each of the constituents of BTEX, is sometimes used to aid in assessing the relative risk or seriousness at contaminated locations and the need of remediation of such sites. Naphthalene may also be included in Total BTEX analysis yielding results referred to as BTEXN. In the same way, styrene is sometimes added, making it BTEXS.
There are other substances found in the mix such as ACETALDEHYDE
This component is the key to the process of FERMENTATION in the body -
Intestinal Yeast (candida albicans), and other fungal pathogens such as toxigenic molds, produce
the following toxins, which could be responsible for the symptoms and causes of Fibromyalgia.
This is not an all inclusive list.
1. Ethanol- an alcohol of intoxication mutates immune cells
2. Acetaldehyde 6 times more potent than ethanol, cell mutation ********
3. Tyramine interferes with immune function
4. Canditoxin interferes with and reduces immunity
5. Proteinase increases candida potency
6. Glycoprotein toxin interferes with immune function
7. Polysaccharride proteins reduces immunity
8. Histamine reduces immunity
9. Mycotoxins that can cause immune dysfunction and many other health problems
When thinking about ACETALDEHYDE- think about a bad hangover- that is the process that is
caused and the symptoms of the process – initially.
The Acetaldehyde (along with the other chemicals) cause the symptoms of Fibromyalgia (and more) found here: above link:
(Note- the Fibromyalgia symptoms overlap Lyme diseaese and CFS symptoms )
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia:
- Chronic fatigue
- Abnormally high pain sensitivity especially in the muscles, and joints (arthritis)
- Insomnia or unrefreshing sleep
- Chronic stiffness especially in the shoulders, back and neck
- Reduced levels of Human Growth Hormone
- Reduced levels of ATP (Adenosine triphosphate) resulting in low or no energy
- Hormone and endocrine imbalances
- Chronic toxin accumulation from the skin, lungs, intestines, blood stream and brain
- Depressed immune function and activity
*The above symptoms can decrease immunity and allow or cause fibromyalgia to worsen, producing additional symptoms that include:
- Depression and personality changes(6)
- PreMenstrual Syndrome (11,)
- Tension and migraine headaches (12)
- Muscle trauma, and deconditioning (16)
- Anxiety, sleep disorders (62), vertigo, apathy, mood swings and memory loss
- Autoimmune disorders like chemical hypersensitivity, asthma, lupus and arthritis
- Mitral valve prolapse
- Opportunistic bacterial, viral and parasite infections
- Chronic fatigue immune deficiency
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and leaky bowel syndrome
- Myofacial pain syndrome
- Hypoglycemia and inability to burn fat
- Intestinal and food allergies
- Possibly a traumatic emotional or physical shock triggers the manifestation of fibromyalgia.
**see more symptoms here: http://tinyurl.com/c4gugg
MTBE/TBA/BTEX and additional component/s such as ACETALDEHYDE create a process in the body
ACETALDEHYDE- produces the sugar process that produces Electricity in the body
ACETALDEHYDE- FERMENTS- creating yeast/fungus and causing pain per above
BENZENE- CAUSES CANCER- per the Cleveland Clinic research-
THE GEL some find- is produced by a process created by the cyanobacteria, commonly called blue-green algae-
A process like this one- a supposedly ‘new’ discovery:
University of Texas Professors R. Malcolm Brown and David Nobles Jr. created the cyanobacteria by giving them a set of cellulose-making genes from a non-photosynthetic bacterium called Acetobacter xylinum, which is commonly used for producing vinegar. The new cyanobacteria produce a relatively pure, gel-like form of cellulose that can be easily broken down into readily fermentable sugars. They also secrete sucrose and glucose, which are already prominent sources of ethanol, most commonly in the form of sugarcane and corn, respectively.
Recall that TT stated there was cyanbacteria found- and since I can remember, those in the study of the fibers/etc have stated that CELLULOSE was found.
Put together what the various researchers have FOUND and apply the above process- chemicals in the body from the various sources, the ACETALDYDE which ferments and causes the symptoms of the many EMERGING DISEASE (Lyme,Fibro, CFS, Etc) and you have the answer.
Yes there is more- but this is the basic process – cause and effect
All the symptoms can be found by a study of these chemicals and the process they create in the body.
Jill has some great information which you can find here