It’s time to finish the story we began in Part I.

After my first post my wife was going through my daughters hair one by one looking for nits and she found a tiny louse, and this was after the 2nd treatment of Nix, but my daughters hair was very long so I wasn’t completely surprised. My wife kind of freaked out, but it was only one louse and it had just hatched, you could tell because was so small. I’m pretty sure the sulfur soap killed it (more later).

Anyway, my wife called the doctor and the doctor prescribed Malathion (an organophosphate pesticide) but that was it, I put my foot down. I wasn’t going to put so much pesticide in my daughter that a parasite feeding on her blood would die, nope, not going to do it. Remember that word, Malathion, we’re going to come back to it later in this blog post. Already she had had two poisonings using Nix and I told her it was time for the buzz cut. So, I took the trimmer and we shaved her head to a hair length of 1/16th of an inch, trust me, that’s bald.

Well, she had no living lice on her and there was no hair for any nits to be attached to, problem solved. She had showered with the sulfur soap just before we cut her hair and I’m pretty sure that killed it because it was gone. However, rather than play cat and mouse with the hatchlings we nuked the little b@#@#$rds.

I said to her, “Let’s not poison you to death and find out at age 16 you wind up with leukemia or cancer or something, it’s not worth the risk” and she agreed. So we shaved her head. Actually, she kind of likes the new look. Surprisingly, no kids made fun of her at school, and that was the part that worried me. She is definitely out of the woods now. In fact, had everyone listened to me there never would have had to have been a single treatment of Nix. If you get lice, trust me, just shave your stupid head near bald and be done with it, what’s the big deal? It’s only hair and it will grow back.

Now, even the doctor mentioned that Malathion was pretty toxic and only used as a last resort. I sure was glad we didn’t use the Malathion. Well, look what popped up in the news not a week or so later.

Study: ADHD linked to pesticide exposure

See this link for more …

Remember Malathion from above, here’s the more part …

berries

Kids exposed to above-average levels of pesticides, particularly those found on widely consumed varieties of fruits and vegetables, appear more likely to suffer from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, according to a new study.

Berries, whether fresh or frozen, along with celery and peaches are only a few of the fruits and vegetables containing significant levels of pesticides. Now a study published in this week’s issue of Pediatrics indicates that residue from these chemical compounds can be found in the urine of most Americans and seem to be affecting the neural development of children.

The study builds on previous research that reached similar conclusions, but it’s the most comprehensive analysis thus far of the suspected link between pesticides and ADHD, which afflicts an estimated 4.5 million American children. Rates of ADHD have increased consistently since the 1990s.

A team of researchers at the University of Montreal and Harvard evaluated 1,139 children, ages 8 to 15, for six key compounds that comprise 70 percent of all food-based pesticides. Of the study participants, 119 met the diagnostic criteria for ADHD, a condition characterized by academic struggles, impatience and difficulty focusing.

They found widespread connections between each pesticide and ADHD susceptibility. And ADHD rates actually doubled among kids with higher-than-average levels of a common compound called malathion.

So, all that fresh produce we think so highly of, well, not so hot. In fact, my wife has been feeding the kids lots of strawberry’s and that really concerns me.

But let’s stay on track here. If you ever get lice and your doctor tries to prescribe you Malathion make sure you consider the side effects, especially for your children. They keep saying “Lice are becoming resistant” but I think the way we treat the infestation is well …, just stupid. Shave your head and be done with it. Sure, you should wash your sheets and stuff for 10 days just to be careful but why poison yourself. However, that being said, on the the other hand maybe they are becoming resistant because we are slowly building up our pesticide levels in our blood and they are becoming used to it such that we practically have to kill ourselves to kill them.

Advertisements

Comments on: "Of Lice and Men – Part II" (5)

  1. sister to Common Sense said:

    Great response. I just wanted to let you know that
    http://www.espbotanicals.com has a sulfur soap and a liquid shampoo, with essential and carrier oils that is helping many.
    The Sulfur is drying and the corp has made it affordable 20.00 for 4 bars and 5.00 shipping.
    If you order and the shipping says a higher amount don’t worry you won’t be charged the full amount of shipping.
    It has been a labor of love for all of us.
    Sister to Common Sense
    We are trying to make it affordable and long lasting.
    Thanks MCS for all you do.
    sister to Common Sense
    PS we are coming out with a fruit and veggie wash very soon.
    Flowers of Sulfur are drying and everyone with this disease skin is already dry, it can’t hurt to give it a go,

    • I’ve been using both the hard bar of ESP Botanicals New Hope II with the flower of sulphur and the liquid body wash and shampoo with sulphur for about three weeks now. They have really helped to cut down on my crawling feelings. They smell really nice, unlike the other sulphur soaps I’ve used. The other sulphur soap actually made me sick to my stomach from the smell. It nice to have a choice now for a sulphur soap without any harsh chemicals in it. And it doesn’t seem to dry my skin out, just the crawlies!

  2. There may also be a link between pesticides and Parkinsons. This paper also says that it may be early exposure to pesticides that increase your risk down the road.

    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/04/090421091705.htm

    Unfortunately, my spouse has Parkinsons (this started around age 47) and has eaten alot of homemade strawberry jam. Sadly, he was also exposed to Kwellada a scabies pesticide recommended by my doctor, which I used at the beginning of morgellons symptoms.

  3. melanie wax said:

    My family and i had lice too. We tried every box of lice remover in the stores as well as permethrin from the hospital to get rid of them but they wouldnt die. We shaved all our heads as well. My hairs coming in now but it was a little embarassing. Anyway, right as the lice came morgellons. I thought my kids were going crazy. Waking up in the middle of the night they were scratching at their head and feet mostly. After dealing with that for 2 weeks i started to itch as well. It was and still is horrible. Went to the hospital with all sorts of problems and they tried to 302 me. After my 5th trip to the hospital they diagnosed me with lymes disease by an eliza blood test. I never even had a rash from a tick! Then i found lice could be vectors of the disease. Kids tested negative. After 2 weeks of doxycycline i was testin negative. But thats not the end of my horrible story. I who never had a symptom of arthritis started to feel pain everywhere. Then came brain fog so bad i would get lost outside. i went to the hospital again because i was so stiff in the neck and had huge pressure headachs. At this point i was still very itchy as well my kids were with bumps and no bugs found (i had exyerminator there plenty of times)

  4. melanie wax said:

    To finish my story. i was in the hospital with brain spotting found in catscan then verifies by an mri and they told me they had no idea what it was from and sent me home. I then went to see a lymes specialist who treated me with amoxicillin and erythromycin. after a months the brain spottin went away. Still itchy not as bad though. still taking antibiotics. as for the kids, i see their symptoms gettin slightly better everyday and just pray. we also had to move due to a mold problem. which i read that lice live very well in homes with mold. Hopefully this disease will come to an end without killing me because i have a heart arythmia now and god i hope those spots dont come back in my brain. as for lice i have to say neverever put anything on like we did with mayo to try any suficate them. they can give you all sorts of disease. i also heard they can give rocky mountain spotted fever as well as bartonella which i am currently being treated for as well. i wish you and your family lots of lucj

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s